Sleep Over with Local to Koh Phdao Village tour will make you discover thoroughly and carefully the local way of life along the Mekong River in the province of Kratie. It will take you to discover the Buddhist religion with visits of pagodas and a local spirit house, to meet the local wildlife with the Irrawaddy dolphins, species in danger of extinction, and visit the turtle conservation centre. You will learn about traditional cuisine and the local economy by visiting the village of Thma Krae that has been producing sticky rice for generations. And you will immerse yourself in the local way of life by spending a night in a traditional Cambodian house and sharing a diner with a family in the village of Koh Phdao. This tour is for all those who want to immerse themselves completely in the Cambodian culture and who want to live an experience 100% Cambodian.
This tour exists in two formats:
- free with map and self-reading guide
- accompanied by an Local English-speaking guide.
100% of our profit go back to community development.
The Tour starts at 8:00 am at CRDTours Office by a briefing on the tour. After that you will take a Tuk-Tuk heading north from Kratie Town direction Koh Phdao.
You will take advantage of this trip to visit the Thma Krae village famous for its sticky rice in the bamboo, the dolphin pool of Kampi to encounter the endangered Irrawaddy dolphins, 100 pillar pagoda, and the turtle conservation center.
After 35 km of Tuk-Tuk, you will cross the Mekong in boat during around 7 km and arrive at Koh Phdao where you will meet the people of the home-stay. For the end of the day, you will have free time to discover or rest.
The next day, after enjoying a good breakfast, you will discover the local life in the village of Koh Phdao and exchange with the local people. You will make a village tour where you will be able to see the local school, pagoda and spirit house. You probably have chance to involve to work with local people.
After saying goodbye to the home-stay family, you will take the boat to go back on the mainland and take a Tuk-Tuk to return to Kratie Town.
The tour ends at CRDTours office at the end of the second day at 5pm.
Tour Price: from 61$ per person to 245$ per person price changes according to number of people as well as guide or without guide preference.
Tour Duration: 2 days and 1 night
Tour Starts: The tour starts at 8:00am every day from CRDT Tours Office at St.3, Kratie Town (in front of Le Tonle Training Guesthouse & Restaurant).
Tour Ends: at the end of the second day at CRDT Tours Office at 5pm at St.3, Kratie Town (in front of Le Tonle Training Guesthouse & Restaurant).
Destination: Koh Phdao village
What to bring along?
- Camera if you have one.
- A hat (it might be hot or if you really need one)
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Light comfortable clothes for the hot and humid weather but must cover your shoulder and be at knee level.
- Necessary for the night (pyjamas, toothbrush, toothpaste, …) if you chose the overnight option
- Your personal medical need (if you have)
- A pick up and drop off from/to your accommodation.
- A return Remorque Khmer (Tuk Tuk)
- Bicycle in the village
- A return boat trip from the mainland to the village.
- A visit to local pagoda and learn about the Buddhism in the region & local spirit house.
- A boat trip to see the dolphin and a visit to the turtle conservation center (if you want to)
- 1 nights in the home stay at Koh Phdao (local wooden house).
- 4 local meals (1B/2L/1D)
- Drinking water
- Local English-speaking guide or a map and a self-reading guide