You want to discover the wonders of Kratie province ? Discover the local way of life of cambodian people ? Spend your energy discovering the landscapes by bike? The Sporty Challenge to Koh Phdao is made for you!! You will take a bicycle to ride 45 km north of Kratie Town on the west bank of the Mekong river and take a boat to cross the river to arrive to the village of your homestay where you will be able to meet and exchange with local families. This tour will make you discover the cambodian nature by showing you its differents landscapes and will make you encounter the Irrawaddy dolphins, the culture with the visit of the local school, pagoda and spirit house and the way of life with the visit of Thma Krae village famous for its sticky rice in bamboo and a night in a traditionnal cambodian house. If you want to discover all the wonders of the province of Kratie and meet new people at the rhythm of the wheels of a bike, this tour is for you!
This tour is available in two formats:
- with a local English speaking guide
- in free mode with a map and a self-reading guide
100% of our profit go back to community development.
You will start at 8:00AM, from Le Tonle Training Restaurant and meet your English-speaking guide if you choose the guide option or receive your self-reading guide if you choose this option.
Next, you will begin your trip by riding north via the west bank trail of the Mekong River during 45km. Along the way, you will discover the landscapes and the way of life of the local people. You will enjoy a lunch on the road before you arrive to your homestay where you will meet and have free time to discover the village or rest before you can enjoy dinner with the local family. To reach the homestay which is on a island (Koh means island in khmer), you will take a boat.
During the next day, you will discover the local school, pagoda and spirit house before taking the boat to go back to the mainland where you will begin your way back to Kratie town. Along the way you will be able to visit the 100 pillars pagoda and its turtle conservation center, the Thma Krae village which is famous for for making sticky rice roasted in bamboo called Kralan in Khmer but also the Nhem, or fish paté.
You will finish the tour at Le Tonlé Restaurant at the end of the second day
Tour Price: from 48$ per person to 185$ per person price changes according to number of people.
Tour Duration: 2 day
Tour Starts: Everyday at 8:00am from CRDT Tours Office at St.3, Kratie Town (in front of Le Tonle Training Guesthouse & Restaurant).
Tour Ends: at the end of the second day at CRDT Tours Office at St.3, Kratie Town (in front of Le Tonle Training Guesthouse & Restaurant).
Destination: Koh Phdao village at 45km north of Kratie Town.
What to bring along?
- Camera if you have one.
- A hat (it might be hot or if you really need one)
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Light comfortable clothes for the hot and humid weather but must cover your shoulder and be at knee level.
- Tooth paste & brush
- Your personal medical need
- A mountain bicycle + helmet for the whole tour
- A boat trip to explore the dolphin in its natural habitat (95% of chance)
- A short visit Thma Krae village (Taste sticky rice in the bamboo)
- A visit to local pagoda and learn about the Buddhism in the region.
- 1 night in the home stay at Koh Phdao (local wooden house) & village tour
- Boat/ferry across the Mekong river during the trip
- 4 local meals (1B/2L/1D)
- Drinking water.
- a Local English speaking guide or a self-reading guide